By Susanne Kimball, Chief Creative Services Marketing Officer
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.
A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear.
You’re not fully dressed without a smile.
Be the reason someone smiles today.
The goal of National Smile Month is to ultimately improve oral health. Here are some ideas you can incorporate into your practice to celebrate National Smile Month.
- Use the month to promote good oral health habits and educate on ways to keep your smile healthy. Discuss important topics like the oral systemic link. Use social media to distribute information and send an email to your patients with the information.
- Offer a special on whitening. Decide what you want the offer to be then decide what kind of whitening you want to offer-take home or in-office. Promote the special and tie into the fact it’s National Smile Month. Send a patient email, promote on social media, and talk about it in office. Bonus! It’s a great opportunity to talk about more cosmetic dentistry to patients later. Often if a patient is interested in whitening they’re interested in other types of cosmetic dentistry.
- Create a social media campaign to boost engagement. Gather the team and brain storm ideas for Facebook posts centered around smile month. Fun facts, tips to keep smile fresh, smile quotes, smiling selfies with patients. So many fun ideas can come from a team brainstorm.
- Give the gift of a smile. Is your office involved in a local charity? Offer to donate a service or gift of some kind to an auction or event that will benefit the charity. It helps raise money for your chosen charity and gets your practice name in the community, shows you’re involved in the community and a potential new patient.
- Do something to make people smile. The team can dress up in goofy outfits, have treats available for your patients one day, give out free Sonic drink coupons one day. Anything that is a nice gesture to get a smile.
Do you celebrate National Smile Month in your practice or have a great idea? Let us know! We want to hear from you.